2.13.2008

The Mess Around

I took my sweet time getting up this morning, lounging around, drinking coffee, slowing waking to the world. I knew we'd be late, but the roads were slick and there were flannel sheets on my bed. Finally I dressed and was just about to walk out the door, when I realized I have my first annual review at work today. It was too late to turn back on that shower I swore off for the second day in a row, but I scrounged up some better looking clothes (translation: jeans without holes, a decent shirt tossed in the dryer for a few minutes to get out most of the wrinkles) and tied my hair in a knot. I put in my contacts and applied make-up in the car while B. drove us into the city.

Now I'm at work and I've just realized:
a) I forgot to brush my teeth
b) there are stains (coffee?) on my jeans


***************

I ran errands on my lunch break that took a bit more time than I expected, turning my hour long lunch into an hour-and-a-half long lunch. I race-walked the 4 blocks back to the office, threw down my coat and bag and headed to the bathroom to tidy up before my review. Then I came back to my desk to double check the time for our meeting.

It's for next Wednesday.

No comments: