2.15.2008

What's Going On

I shouldn't be allowed to watch or read the news before I'm fully awake. I'm much too sensitive for this kind of thing even at my best moments. I should give myself plenty of time to slip on that thick layer of skin before I face the world and it's saturated news market capitalizing on the misfortune of others and sensationalizing the minutest of details.

There was another random shooting at a college yesterday. All I have to say about that is: What the f#ck people?! Get a hold of yourselves! And then a twenty second blurb about how a satellite we put in space may come crashing to the earth. But rest assured, NASA's got everything under control. They're just going to fire a couple missiles at it to break it up into smaller pieces first.

So if you're out for a stroll and you happen to see a piece of metal fall from the sky, chances are the pieces weren't small enough to disintegrate upon entering our atmosphere, and you might want to get out of the way.

*************

After all this good news, I caught a few minutes of the Curious George cartoon. I'd like to end with an actual quote from this episode:

"George and Jumpy played nut hockey till the sun went down."

Um...

No comments: