6.17.2008

I Can't Get Started

Ira Gershwin / Vernon Duke

I've been at work for about 2 hours and just noticed my jean skirt has a large dark stain down the front of it. Probably coffee. I seem to remember thinking to myself that I'd have to launder it ahead of schedule. Which is to say, somewhere between the 10th and 12th time wearing it.

I should probably care more, but the truth is, I was lounging around in my underwear with my husband, drinking coffee and watching bad television till the last possible minute this morning. And that was way more fun than sorting through my closet for clothes that:

a) are clean
b) fit right
c) aren't falling apart

And

my work

has

been

soooo

slooooooooooooow.

Seriously. It's maddening. I can feel my ass getting flatter and my eyes glazing over every minute I sit in front of this soul-sucking machine. Must. get. sunshine. and. fresh. air.

*********

My Zo dog had surgery to remove her tumor yesterday. We'll pick her up tonight. I cringe to think about her hobbling around, all dopey-eyed with her belly in stitches and her head in a E-collar.

This morning Gina sighed and rested her big fuzzy head heavily in my hand, looking up at me with those doe eyes. I couldn't have said it better myself. We don't like when our meatball of a dog is away from the family den.

**********

B & I drove and walked around a few neighborhoods where we may potentially move this past weekend. It was interesting. And encouraging. That's all I'll say for now. It's a busy week, so I have to focus on the here and now and let the rest simmer in my subconscious for a bit.

**********

I'm trying to read The Red Tent right now. So far, I'm about 3 pages in, and it's boring the fuck out of me. I'm sure having 8 years of Catholic Schools under my belt didn't exactly fuel my enthusiasm for a spin-off of a Bible story either. I'm going to finish it though, because I'm determined to see what the fuss is all about.

No comments: