9.03.2008

Time Is On My Side

I just had the shortest drive to work I've had in ten years.

What do you people do with the extra 20 minutes?

A: Put your make-up on in the ladies room at the office, use the public hair brush to tame the bed head and realize you didn't put on deodorant this morning. And um, you smell bad.

Oh well. I'm moving. Gimme a break.

I have never been so glad to see a Labor Day weekend conclude in all my life. It was a looong, jam-packed weekend, and I am so glad I can finally concentrate on the things I really want to focus on.

•••••••••••••••

Brought the animals to the new house last night. Operation Fuzzy: Your mission? Coral 3 cats into a kennel barely large enough and move them, along with 2 dogs, all their food, medicines, beds and treats, safely and quickly. Like ripping off a band-aid.

Marty, our feline who looooves our canines, popped right out of the crate at the new digs all, "Aahhh, yes, I totally approve. We can put my bed here, my food here, and yes, over here I will poop in the box..." Tommy U. Bastard stayed with his brother Lew in the crate for a good twenty minutes before slowly venturing out (most likely in search of food), all skittish and crouched low. But Lewis, well... He was pretty much, "I don't like it. I don't like it AT ALL. Eff you guys." By the time we were trying to sleep though, everybody was out and about, exploring, meowing, whining, scratching, jumping and running through the new house like a heard of caribou – just like old times!

•••••••

My poor little Gina is having a lot of trouble with her back legs. The vet thinks she's developing degenerative milopathy, which I'm still trying to figure out what to do about. I gather there's no cure, but I've read you can stave off the symptoms through massage and a special diet. I guess in German Shepherds this can develop into an auto immune disease, even more reason to act fast. If anyone has any info on this, I'd be interested to hear it. But anyway, it's making getting across slick floors really difficult for her, and our house has all pergo floors and some tile, so we're investing into rugs to help her get around easier. Breaks my heart. But I'm so glad I'm finally living close enough to run home at lunch and get there quickly after work to give both her and Zoe more attention. What will I do without my fuzzies someday?

A: Get suckered into more. Who am I kidding?

No comments: